- Block the Boat mobilisations across North America and in Oakland, California in particular that have succeeded in blocking many ships from the Israeli company Zim Integrated Shipping Services from docking at ports.
- The student government at the University of California at Los Angeles recently became the sixth of nine undergraduate campuses in the University of California system within the last two years to pass a resolution calling for divestment from firms that profit from the Israeli occupation, just the latest in a long line of recent campus successes in North America as support for Palestine becomes a key issue for progressive student movements everywhere.
- The government of Kuwait announced that it is to boycott 50 companies over their role in Israeli violations of international law following pressure from Kuwaiti campaigners and the BNC.
-The Israeli air force was excluded from military exercises taking place in Italy following a high profile campaign.
- More than 300 European organisations, including some of Europe’s largest trade unions, political parties and NGOs, have called on the EU to suspend the EU-Israel Association Agreement, the deal that allows Israel preferential access to EU markets and funding programs.
- British security giant G4S has recently lost out on contracts with the Irish government and with the Durham, North Carolina municipality in the US following campaigns opposing its deep involvement in Israel’s prison system. G4S has sought to distance itself from Israel’s prison system in recent months, even suggesting it may pull out from the system in 2017.
merci mon amie
merci mon amie